06 yami kept stalling on me this weekend?

3 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted July 17, 2007 - 10:45 AM

Raced at PRO-SPORT MX in wytheville VA, this past weekend and had trouble with my bike on saturday practice and the race on sunday. I noticed on saturday when I would brake hard before a sharp turn my bike would stall,but all I had to do is let out the clutch and my momentum would start it back. On sunday during the race I was in fourth out of the hole but after the first few turns the guy leading was stalled out at the top of a big single jump and I was forced to slow down and veer to his right........but as I started up the jump to his right......as soon as I got to the top of the jump my bike stalled:censored: and I had to roll to the bottom of it and put it in neautral and rekick it,by that time about eight people passed me:foul:...........I am sure I pulled the clutch in its almost second nature to do that. Raced the rest of the race ok no stalls or flaws......passed about six of them back. My question is how can I keep my bike from stalling when coming to a stop or braking when approaching a couple of sharp turns:excuseme:

• Ga426owner

Posted July 17, 2007 - 10:50 AM

I would say the easy answer is turn the idle up more....
But there is some reason it is dying on you. Carb may need cleaning, fuel screw adj, or float adj. How is it running?
Any cut outs on jump landings?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted July 17, 2007 - 11:04 AM

No cut outs on jumps......I did turn the idleing up and drained the carb to see if any debri were in the bolt and they werent. I however did not turn the fuel screw any it is setting at 1 and 1/2 turns out and it was around 88 degrees this past weekend. I did however use a different kind of fuel it was oxigenated fuel from VP I mixed 2and 1/2 of it to 2 and1/2 of 93.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 17, 2007 - 11:43 AM

No cut outs on jumps......I did turn the idleing up and drained the carb to see if any debri were in the bolt and they werent. I however did not turn the fuel screw any it is setting at 1 and 1/2 turns out and it was around 88 degrees this past weekend. I did however use a different kind of fuel it was oxigenated fuel from VP I mixed 2and 1/2 of it to 2 and1/2 of 93.

what is the jetting? mj and pj?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.