426 Mods.

8 replies to this topic
  • whyzee79

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:37 AM

I am looking to shave some weight off the 426, and get new suspension next year.

I just can't give the bike up :thumbsup:

Any recommendations on what I can do and/or get?

• kubamtx

Posted July 17, 2007 - 01:14 PM

In my opinion it is imposible to shave more then 2kg ;-) And it'll be very expensive.
Replace all alloy parts with cnc machined aircraft alloy but don't change plastic into alloy, change hubs and that's everything. You can shave some plastic but it weights nothing.

• whyzee79

Posted July 17, 2007 - 04:08 PM

hmm okay :thumbsup:

What about suspension? who should i look at. Pro circuit?

• 642MX

Posted July 17, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Its hard to shave pounds off of a 426. Its easier for most riders to drop a few pounds with a diet. :thumbsup:

For the suspension, I'd recommend http://www.smartsuspension.com. They did a awesome job on mine. I wanted the valving set-up for a 50/50 mix of woods and MX, and most shops acted like it was a hassel to get the best of both worlds. Frank at Smart Suspension listened to my needs and the results are fantastic. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • felix 222

Posted July 17, 2007 - 09:05 PM

go on a diet;)

• whyzee79

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:15 AM

haha yea im a stick anyway quite honestly so that's a no go :thumbsup:

• Goosedog

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:50 AM

I wanted the valving set-up for a 50/50 mix of woods and MX, and most shops acted like it was a hassel to get the best of both worlds.

I ran up against the same thing, everyone said buy two bikes. Steve Litz in Tennessee did mine, a couple clicks either way now and I'm soaking up the rocks and roots in the woods or big jumps on the track.

It can be done. :thumbsup:

• ben_suhard

Posted July 18, 2007 - 09:00 AM

Is this thread still current, are you gonna have two bikes??? http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=531628

• whyzee79

Posted July 18, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Yes still current, Sort of in negotiation with my friend about that 03. I had posted that after posting this one when I talked to him this morning.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.