quick ? on xr650/xr400 part compatability

4 replies to this topic
  • black in RI

Posted July 17, 2007 - 05:27 AM

does a xr400 rear shock fit on a 2000 xr650r? Are they the same or will require manipulation to make it work.

why am i doing this? i need a xr650 shock sooner than later and there's a xr400 rear shock on ebay.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted July 17, 2007 - 06:58 AM

Does not fit.
I'd bet you can find a 650R shock, lot of people swap the 650R shock for a cr shock

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black in RI

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:03 AM

im trying to.. I posted here on a list serv etc etc... nothing...

• Billahjack

Posted July 17, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Try advrider.com also. That site is harder to find just XR650R stuff, but there are alot of people on there with alot of stuff to sell.

I think there are also a few CR500 forums. Might be something there...

Last, you might be able to call up some of the shops that do the CR500 shock conversion and see if they have a used XR650R shock laying around. Might get lucky. Big ones out here in California are Barnums Pro, XRsOnly, Precision Concepts.

Good luck!

• bosshog

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:43 PM

Might want to look at this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...oQQcmdZViewItem

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.