Help, I can't stop.

6 replies to this topic
  • William

Posted May 18, 2000 - 07:24 PM

I like some of you are in your late 30's or my case 41, i used to ride mx at saddleback a lot when i was young, Suzuki 90 with a 100 cc hop up kit, but anyway well 25 years later i now own a 00 WR400 i thought that if i buy a $ 5500.00 motorcycle that would be it well first it started with the tires ho so much better then a wer dampener wow, now I'am sending my front forks to get revaled to make it perfect, and also looking for the perfect muffler set up.

Now my problem, i can't stop buying things for my motorcycle i tell myself this will make it handle better ride better and it has, and i realy dig buying all these cool things, but were will it end now I'am thinking about sending my head to Pro Tech and get 7 more hp, what carbon fiber next, sure i will just buy one little carbon fiber part and then before long my whole bike will be carbon fiber out.

I think i need help, but first if any of you have any extra money please sent it to just can't stop po box $$$$$$.

------------------
2000 WR400F

• Dougie

Posted May 19, 2000 - 02:41 AM

I'd like to help you out but my wife has put a hold on all my accounts and assests. She has set me up with a trust fund that I can't get into until I get help or promise not to spend another dime on my bike. Or I turn 50, which ever comes first. She has also procured court orders stipulating that I can't come within 2 miles of a dealer / parts store or I will be incarcerated up to three years at the Colorado Maximum Security Prison in Buena Vista CO.

I am purchasing an aluminum throttle tube on Tuesday. There are some great views at that Prison.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

• Clark_Mason

Posted May 19, 2000 - 05:54 AM

Bikes with lots of aftermarket goodies and me are a bad combination. Every bike I'v owned where the performance and weight saving parts were available I got them all. I the case of my ATK I had the titantium stuff custom made and even went to Ti spokes and Al nipples to save weight.

Probably easily doubled the purchase price in after market stuff for all bikes except Husabergs but close. My wife has been threatening to leave for the past 26years, she knows where the door is and hasent left yet.

Clark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 19, 2000 - 08:18 AM

In the last week I have ordered:

Clark gas tank
Tank & gaurd stickers
Factory effects YZ style seat cover & soft-foam
IMS seat base
Dunlop 756 front tire
Moose jersy & gloves
Bike stand
Googles
Motion pro throttle cables

My creditcard hurts!

• MotoGreg

Posted May 19, 2000 - 05:53 PM

Hey William, if you want to spend some more money I've got an IMS tank (blue) for sale. You'd have to buy a yz style seat to use it.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• Vincent

Posted May 20, 2000 - 09:48 PM

Hey Greg, why are you selling the IMS tank? Dont like the bad fit? How much do you want for it? Are you using a YZ tank now?

• MotoGreg

Posted May 20, 2000 - 04:02 PM

Ya, I'm using a stock yz400 tank now that I ride a lot of MX and there is a gas stop where we do a lot of off-road riding. I'll sell it for $125 including shipping, does that sound fair? I can't remember how much they go for new, $225???

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.