350 banshee vs. WR400

3 replies to this topic
  • 2000WR400

Posted May 18, 2000 - 03:22 PM

I have a friend that has a 87' 350 banshee w/ fmf pipes and power reeds on it, he thought he was the $h!t with that thing. I told him what I bought and he says "Why did you buy a four stroke, those are slow". So I said "I don't know I like how they look, handle and I like the power of WR400, its fast enough for me". Needless to say we eventually lined them up few times, and geuss what I beat 'em every time {even without the baffle or filter lid removed}. LOL Well ya know what he is going friday to pick up a 00' banshee. How do you all think I will run with him now, will he take me now or what. Man I hope not.

• jlm400

Posted May 18, 2000 - 03:28 PM

I only have one thought. GOOD LUCK!! He will probably take you in a flat our drag race. But you can kick his butt IN EVERY SINGLE OTHER AREA!! Just dont let him for get that.

P.S In my last harescrable there were mini riders on 80's going faster than the guys on 4 wheelers!! Now thats funny!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 18, 2000 - 04:58 PM

2000 wr400, Dude don't even worry about the Banshee. I have repeatedly blown away a brand new one and it was no sweat. Although that was with the 426 throttle stop, air box lid removed, and exhaust baffle removed. Just make sure you are launching in second gear to keep the wheelspin to a minimum.
Angel Boy

• Matt_Porritt

Posted May 19, 2000 - 01:00 AM

A stock 2k banshee will get eaten by a YZ/WR.
If you've beaten one with pipes then you'll beat a new one.
The only changes in the Banshees history were going from a J to a A Arm front suspension in the later 80's.

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.