Modified Yoshimura exhaust

4 replies to this topic
  • Benzie

Posted July 16, 2007 - 05:18 PM

After the rivets broke free and cracked the carbon fiber, I decided to cut 3 inches off the muffler and put the rivets back in. This is how it turned out. Also got my brand new header after the last one cracked where it starts to flange out. Yoshimura replaced it no questions asked. Cant beat it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought it would be louder, but with the spark arrestor in it, it actually got quieter than when it was longer and had no spark arrestor.

• TMAC25

Posted July 17, 2007 - 01:00 AM

Any pictures from the other side, can really see the can, I like it though was thinking about doing this with my white brothers carbon pro II on my 06.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Benzie

Posted July 17, 2007 - 09:29 AM

I'll post a picture from the other side when i get home from work. They are on my photobucket but i cant access it from work.

• cbrewer450

Posted July 17, 2007 - 10:08 AM

I have a GYTR carbon exhaust on my 03 450 that had about 4 inches cut off. It's pretty loud even with a sparky in it. But they do look a lot better I think.

• Benzie

Posted July 17, 2007 - 04:51 PM

Here's a picture from the opposite side.

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.