Ordering a 450f this weekend.

2 replies to this topic
  • tarmac_terrorist

Posted July 16, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Hi. Im going to be ordering a new 07 450f this weekend. As i know naught about bikes, i thought id ask the experts about what i should be asking / looking out for.

As an example, the 07 air filter issue. How do i know my new bike wont have the defective cage / filter? Can anyone give me link to the yamaha recall / repair order, so i can print it off and give it the dealer?

Whats the difference between a 'crated bike' and one that was built 5 months ago? Should i ask for a crated bike?

Please go easy, as i say, i know nothing about bikes. Im relying on you guys to help me out and to stop me from being stung by the dealer.

The bike im ordering is an import. There is no warranty. When i collect the bike, thats it. If the engine self destructs 30 seconds after collecting, i foot the bill to repair it.

What questions (if any) should i be asking the dealer about. What should i be looking out for?

What accessories do i need. Hand guards?

Any info / advice very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted July 16, 2007 - 10:10 PM

Whats the difference between a 'crated bike' and one that was built 5 months ago? Should i ask for a crated bike?

nothing. it just has the front wheel and handle bars put on.

What accessories do i need. Hand guards?

hand guards, bash/skid plate, rad guards/supports.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 16, 2007 - 11:41 PM

As an example, the 07 air filter issue. How do i know my new bike wont have the defective cage / filter? Can anyone give me link to the yamaha recall / repair order, so i can print it off and give it the dealer?

The only way to know for sure is to check it. I bought mine two weeks ago (crated) and the hole in the cage was plugged. If you buy one already built, there is a slim chance its been on the floor since before the recall. Dealers have been known to screw these recalls up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.