06 450 Kick start question

6 replies to this topic
  • kpflyingv

Posted July 16, 2007 - 02:03 PM

I went to start my 450 and the kick starter was hard to get started in the down stroke, as if the engine was at compression stroke without a decompression release. Put the bike in gear and bumped the engine to move a tad, then it was normal. Did it again after riding a few hours but easily broke loose and kicked normal. Any ideas on this?

• grayracer513

Posted July 16, 2007 - 02:26 PM

It happens:

• kpflyingv

Posted July 16, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for the info Gray, I feel mucho better about this now!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted July 16, 2007 - 05:47 PM

I get the same thing once in awhile on my '06 also...the first time it happened I thought !

• kpflyingv

Posted July 17, 2007 - 04:41 PM

Me too, that's what I like about this forum. You can get some good insight to what others are experiencing with their rides.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 17, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Its happened twice to my 07 WR 450f. Once in the garage and once at the staging area last time out. My guess is the auto decomp is hanging up. As long as it don't hurt anything its fine.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 17, 2007 - 04:49 PM

Ok I read gray's answer in the other thread and what he said to do to get it to kick normal again is exactly what it took to get the bike to kick. Once again gray proves to be a walking 5 valve reference source :thumbsup:

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.