Bryan, our Buddy

19 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 14, 2000 - 08:26 PM

G'day All,

I am sure you have read the posting I put together regarding the Vegas Supercross. It appears that some of you guys have been having a go at Bryan, the creator of this great page, through direct email... Well, I have some words toward you guys. Give the guy a f&%cken break... :D

This pagewas puit together for people to voice their concerns about their bike, OPINIONS about their bikes and THEIR OPINIONS about matters concerning bikes. So, after living in the US for 2 years, I learned that it was a land of free speach. So, lets remember that and always look at the context of messages for what they are, not what they appear to be.

This is Mitch, voicing MY OPINION. So, if you all hate what I have had to say, take 10 deep breaths, think before you respond and then let me have it... :) Afterall, criticism is free also

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted May 14, 2000 - 09:00 PM

Right on Mitch.Bryan is nice enough to give us wr/yz/drz owners a place to post FREE.He doesn't deserve to be ripped over a Jay Leno show geeez.P.S.Bryan better hope there aren't any Ted Kazinski's(sp?)in the forum. :)

[This message has been edited by Tennessee Thumper (edited 05-15-2000).]

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 14, 2000 - 09:03 PM

Ted Kazinski, why does that ring a bell... Help me out here Mr T Thumper... :)

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted May 14, 2000 - 10:01 PM

Mitch...He was the una-bomber.The guy would send pakages in the mail with bombs in them.The guy was nuts!!!

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 14, 2000 - 10:09 PM

Wow, not cool......

Oh well, lets hope that does not happen to Bryan. Afterall, we would lose all this good info and the web page.... :)

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted May 14, 2000 - 10:52 PM

Everybody at thumpertalk seems mentally stable so I don't think we'll have to worry about that.I was just picking with Bryan. :)

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 15, 2000 - 01:09 AM

Don't include me in that "Mentally Stable" group. I am proud to actually have a defination of me in the dictionary!! :)

People hammering Bryan on his home e-mail...&%$#@!??? :D

• Harry_in_Oz

Posted May 15, 2000 - 02:18 AM

Pastrami was doing what with McGrath at the Supercross? "Not that there is anything the matter with that" and what's a Lenover anyway? damn I hate coming in on the end of these things.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 15, 2000 - 02:35 PM

Hey Harry,

Leno, the late night guy... Just like Letterman, but different. He had McGrath and Pastrami on the show and talking about Supercross and stuff. Anyways, Bryan voiced his opinion, as we are all entitled too, and some members took offence to that and sent Bryan some nasty messages. So, I stepped in (wrightly or wrongly) and told them all to pull their heads out of their butts and relax... :)

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted May 15, 2000 - 02:42 PM

Completly agree this is a great website. Big Thanks to Bryan and to all the others who contribute.

Actually, I didn't think the people were attacking Bryan but just voicing their opinion. No big deal. However, to the stalker types e-mailing you on this, thats weird/bad, etc. :eek

2000 WR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dougie

Posted May 15, 2000 - 03:24 PM

Leave Bryan alone. I have to ride with him and I want him in a good mood :)

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 16, 2000 - 11:07 AM

Brother I feel your pain, and you know why :D

To any of you offended by ANY opinions you see here, remember don't say anything to them by email you wouldn't say to their face.

I'm quite thankful that Brian hosts this free exchange of ideas without censorship :)

Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Bryan

Posted May 16, 2000 - 11:40 AM

You guys are killing me!

Thanks Chris. You rebel you! Yes, I know why.

I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can take critisism (Jake gives me crap all the time!).

But I got nasty e-mails. COWARDS! Actually, I got three but two were from the same guy. I don't think they are regulars.

Think Mitch will send me a package in the mail in a plain brown wrapper just to see how I react?

Being mentally stable is certainly not a requirement to be on this forum.

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 05-16-2000).]

• Bill

Posted May 16, 2000 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for allowing us mentally unstable to use the web site. After 20+ years away from bikes. I bought a WR and have been over the bars twice. Even my sons think I'm a little off (their just being polite since I pay for the bikes and riding).

Keep up the great work!

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 16, 2000 - 01:22 PM

If that brown package is on your doorstep and on FIRE, DO NOT STAMP ON IT. You know those crazy Aussies!! You wouldn't want to be tracking that stuff through your house! :)

• Bryan

Posted May 16, 2000 - 06:17 PM

OH NO KEVIN! You brought back a hilarious memory from my past!

I was in high school up in the Colorado mountains. I had been hearing about the brown paper bag on fire full of crap (crap isn't censored by this software) trick at the front door.

Near my house a guy in an RV set up shop right by our local tennis courts and he was giving me and my buddy crap (no pun intended)one day while we were playing tennis. So we decided to present him with the brown bag on fire trick late that night.

We snuck out of our homes with the required tools for this prank. We had a lunch bag full of dog crap, some lighter fluid and a lighter.

My friend knocked on the guys RV door while I lit the bag and threw it. I was about 20 feet away.

THE BAG WENT UNDER HIS RV AND CAUGHT SOMETHING UNDERNEATH ON FIRE! If I recall he had a floor mat of some kind and trash and other stuff laying around. All I remember was that the fire grew QUICKLY!

As thoughts of crispy campers and jail time entered my head, I was faced with the decision: Should I help? Should I run? Should I help? Should I run?

Screw that! WE FREAK'N RAN LIKE A CHICKEN. I didn't want to get my ass shot off.

As we ran away I could see the guy got the fire under control pretty quickly as he shouted out obsenities and threats. I remember the words 'kill' and 'kick your ass' and 'when I catch you' coming from his mouth.

The next day, he was gone.

So all you out there. Don't try the brown bag/dog crap/fire trick without some advanced planning and rehersals. Maybe Kevin can submit instructions for the technical page?

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 17, 2000 - 01:35 AM

If you need anything devious Bryan, DON'T count me out for help... :)

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 17, 2000 - 06:15 PM

We'll put the info for "Dog Poop Jubilie" right next to the info for "spud gun" potato launcher! :)

(OBTW - these are great fun in the desert after a race!)

Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 18, 2000 - 04:16 AM

A lunatic friend of mine (ex-navy of course) had a spud gun made from PVC with a Coleman propane bottle and electric igniter attached to it. It was actually quite professional looking, if that is possible. That thing was extremely impressive. After his wedding, we went outside and he was launching potatos into a tennis court a few hundred yards away. Talk about hilarious! The couple playing tennis looked bewildered as these potatos that now looked like blobs of mashed potatos hit the ground around them. Of course we had been drinking, but it really was hilarious.

• Dougie

Posted May 18, 2000 - 05:50 AM

Kevin, is that something the Navy teaches you? My uncle who was in the Navy made a spud launcher years ago and was entertaining all of us kids in the back yard. We all thought it was the coolest thing. He was aiming at a big tree and smashing these things into mash. It was all fun and games until he missed the tree and launched a spud right threw the kitchen window of the neighbor behind us. I remember laughing until I pissed my pants. He had to pay for the window. Yes is was a party and he was intoxicated. My mother was furious.

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.