99' wr400fl 1,400miles 12oil changes 4Sale!****

11 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2000 - 07:13 AM

Hey guys,
I have a 99' wr 400 that has only 1,400 miles and still runs on the original rear tire. I have noted 12 oil changes, amazing break in. I have never raced the bike. I will sell for $5,ooo or partial trade considered, please reply or email for direct contact to: lenak@eastky.net I have also never removed the throttle stop.

"Keep it on the back wheel"!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 25, 2000 - 11:52 AM

It's me again, I can't believe i've only gotten one email about this, I know most of you guys already have one and all but wouldn't you guys say this is a good deal? So i'm lower my price $4,500, (as low as i'll go without trade in. here's my break in chart, i think it might help:
1st oil change-3 minutes of running, not riding.
*2nd-3mi.
*3rd-5mi.
*4th-10mi.
*5th-25mi. I know this sounds like alot
*6th-50mi. of oil changes, but it was
*7th-100mi. worth it. I got shavings of
*8th-200mi. meatal out each time, I also
*9th-326mi. cleaned the oil filter each
*10th-430mi. time. and installed a new
*11th-662mi. one somewhere along the
*12th-1140mi. OIL CHANGEING!
I think i gave it a pretty good break in don't you guys???????????????? wink

• JamesD

Posted April 25, 2000 - 01:55 PM

I think that's overkill on oil changes but it certainly won't hurt the bike.

• Utahmotoman

Posted April 25, 2000 - 02:12 PM

What kind of trade would you be interested in? and where do you live? Any extras on the bike-or all stock? Do you offer a year's supply of oil? Sounds like you have cases of it laying in your garage!

• Wheelie*Dogg

Posted April 25, 2000 - 06:20 PM

HAHAHa,
I did go through quite a bit of oil and became an expert at cleaning slipper black spots up off the shop floor! I've also encountered burns from the pipe (ouch). It doesn't glow cherry red for any reason.
I dunno bout trades, i really want cash for the bike. But i do not want a two stroke. An interesting big bore thumper maybe, but no smokeys, but an 800cc zabel, well that might be different... My bike remains stock, other than the oil. currently running pro honda.

------------------
"Keep it on the back wheel"

• Wheelie*Dogg

Posted April 25, 2000 - 06:31 PM

Sorry (it's late here), I'm located in south eastern Kentucky.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted April 25, 2000 - 08:32 PM

That amount of oil changes mean nothing if the rings were not bedded in properly. There is more to the break in than oil changes, things such as over revving and labouring the engine can be worse

------------------
R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia
Almost a 2000' WR400

• Wheelie*Dogg

Posted April 26, 2000 - 03:13 AM

As I said earlier each time i drained oil,it shined with tiny bits of meatal that causes wear. I have been very careful not to over rev, or place excess load on the engine.

------------------

• sbohanon

Posted April 26, 2000 - 07:12 AM

if it was glistening(sp?)with shinny things,
it was probably clutch plate dust. the filter would have removed anything bigger.

• Wheelie*Dogg

Posted April 27, 2000 - 04:22 PM

Anyone interested in taking over payments?? With a trade in?
I've had it since sometime around last June.

------------------

• flash

Posted May 10, 2000 - 06:43 PM

I am interested in the bike if you still have it. There is one problem as I live in Oregon.

Originally posted by Wheelie_Dogg:
It's me again, I can't believe i've only gotten one email about this, I know most of you guys already have one and all but wouldn't you guys say this is a good deal? So i'm lower my price $4,500, (as low as i'll go without trade in. here's my break in chart, i think it might help:
1st oil change-3 minutes of running, not riding.
*2nd-3mi.
*3rd-5mi.
*4th-10mi.
*5th-25mi. I know this sounds like alot
*6th-50mi. of oil changes, but it was
*7th-100mi. worth it. I got shavings of
*8th-200mi. meatal out each time, I also
*9th-326mi. cleaned the oil filter each
*10th-430mi. time. and installed a new
*11th-662mi. one somewhere along the
*12th-1140mi. OIL CHANGEING!
I think i gave it a pretty good break in don't you guys???????????????? wink

• Wheelie*Dogg

Posted May 18, 2000 - 12:05 PM

Hey Flash! Still interested? What's your email address? Or email me at: lenak@eastky.net

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.