Won't idle after mods

3 replies to this topic
  • standarche

Posted July 16, 2007 - 11:49 AM

I just put on a White Bros E2 slip-on (which recommends no re-jet), and a precision concepts block off kit and choke plate. Now the 650r won't idle and took forever to kickstart, and backfires like crazy. Is jetting a foregone conclusion? My friend recommended JD jetting, any input?

• Rockjockey

Posted July 16, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Backfire is a sign of lean jetting. Have you changed the air filter also? If so richer jetting should be in order. My 650r would not run right without rejetting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • standarche

Posted July 16, 2007 - 12:57 PM

I did put in a new no-toil air filter

• cleonard

Posted July 16, 2007 - 04:11 PM

Search this froum for "uncorking" and follow the jetting instructions. The bike came too lean from Honda.

It really sounds like you are too lean or you have an air leak between the carb and the engine.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.