Check your accelerator pumps

2 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted May 17, 2000 - 02:50 PM

If you haven't done so in a while, be sure to check your accelerator pumps for dirt.

I pulled the carb for cleaning for the big Moab weekend coming up and was amazed to find a sh*t load of dirt in the pump. It had to be 1/8th of a teaspoon in there. Not only that, but there was a white film around the plate and the rod. I know it gets dirty in there but I could not believe the amount I found. Also checked the health of my carb slide. So far so good, knock on wood.

I also changed out my radiator fluid. Very easy and quick. I used Honda's pre-mixed fluid. Again easy and quick, just pricey (about $5 for a liter. It took 1.3 for the rad/engine plus whatever it takes to fill the resevoir half way. So count on at least two liters to do this mntc.

Forks are done, bike is sparkling, steering head and swingarm greased, clean carb, new rad fluid, new oil and filter.

I am ready for Moab again. LETS GET IT ON :)

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted May 17, 2000 - 03:26 PM

If you haven't done so in a while, be sure to check your accelerator pumps for dirt

I'm doing min agian V.soon..
Will document the whole process with a digi to UL to here.

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Bryan

Posted May 17, 2000 - 03:37 PM

That would be great Matt. Send pics and text and I'll put it on the tech page.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.