Devol Radiator Guards And Works Connection Braces.

SO MY RADIATORS WERE LEAKING AGAIN. third time so i bought a set of devol radiator guards and the works connection braces(works does not make the guards for my bike and devol does not make the braces) so i ran into a problem that i thought i'd bring to everyones attention. the devol guards have a brace that goes from outside of the radiator to the tank side radiator mounting bolt hole. you have to modify the works connection braces by opening up the pre-existing side vent by one inch down to allow the devol

bracket to pass through and bolt up. took me like 4 tries to figure out what was wrong. i am going to (at lunch time) drill a pilot hole 1 inch down from the opening on the works bracket and use a die grinder to open the vent up enough to allow the devol bracket to pass through. i'll post up tomorrow after i install tonight. did any one else try this combo and did they have the same concern?

CUSTOM

WReckless

made the mods on my lunch break...one 1/2" hole 1" down from where the side vent ends then used a die grinder with cutting wheel to elongate the vent to the drilled hole used 60 grit sand paper to take the edges off. looks good any way installed you would never know(fingers crossed) i'll install after

work and post up in the am if they fit.

SO i didnt mention that i have a ims desert tank. didnt think about it untill

i had the radiators braces and guards installed went to drop the tank on and the bolt hole for the tank mount was like an inch back of where it needed

to be. so ball hammer modification ensude. got the bolt holes lined up by flatening the right side brace and bending the upper lip untill it was flat.

then the seat holes atthe rear of the subframe would not line up. took it apart again and readjusted. 4 hours after i started i had every thing lined up and installed. i went to pour in the new liquid ice coolant and i read the back of the bottle and it states the coolant cannot be mixed or diluted and i need to flush the motor hoses and fill with liquid ice coolant i'll do that this afternoon after work. beer tasted pretty good after i got done last night though:thumbsup:

Not to be a jerk but why didn't you go with Unabiker :excuseme:

looks like those are just the guards for the front.

got it installed and filled with coolant started on the 4th kick no leaks

just alittle worried about the clearance on the front of the tank looks like it may rub i'll have to pull the tank again and insulate or reshape the brace again.

with all the modifactions to the braces i wonder if they are still as strong as they were designed to be?

i could have just put the stock tank back on but that would limit riding time in the desert.

looks like those are just the guards for the front.

got it installed and filled with coolant started on the 4th kick no leaks

just alittle worried about the clearance on the front of the tank looks like it may rub i'll have to pull the tank again and insulate or reshape the brace again.

with all the modifactions to the braces i wonder if they are still as strong as they were designed to be?

i could have just put the stock tank back on but that would limit riding time in the desert.

Actually they are both ? I have them on my bike and they could stop a charging rhino.........

• Like 1

Actually they are both ? I have them on my bike and they could stop a charging rhino.........

I may need to look into them more closely the brace is rubbing on the tank and will need to be removed. do you have a stock tank or a des tank?

my ims tank is what is rubbing on the brace

I may need to look into them more closely the brace is rubbing on the tank and will need to be removed. do you have a stock tank or a des tank?

my ims tank is what is rubbing on the brace

My 02 wr426 has the stock tank which is a 3.2 gal. The unabiker came rear close to the tank on the right side and I didn't want to risk it so I shaved of about 2mmin that area. Unabiker also offers the rear brace section that will clear most derert tanks. Give them a call, they have great customer service. ?

My 02 wr426 has the stock tank which is a 3.2 gal. The unabiker came rear close to the tank on the right side and I didn't want to risk it so I shaved of about 2mmin that area. Unabiker also offers the rear brace section that will clear most derert tanks. Give them a call, they have great customer service. ?

thanks bro i think i'll give them a shot gotta ride though its been two months:crazy: i'm going nuts:bonk: