From stock to Slip On (Main Jet?)

3 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted July 16, 2007 - 08:46 AM

How many sizes up on the main jet do you go from a stock pipe to a slip on? I have all the free mods done to my 2006 450 and am currently running a 168 main. But today I just oredered an "FMF Speed" slip on and I don't know what main to run.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 16, 2007 - 09:49 AM

Call FMF specifically and ask them. They will tell you what the proper jetting specs are for that pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 16, 2007 - 12:01 PM

I have an FMF Factory 4. I initially ran a 170 main, but like it better with a 168. it was just a little bit sharper on the bottom end and didn't seem quite as fat.

I also have the red needle at position #4. I normally ride in Lucerne , Red Mountain or Cal City.

Your terrain, elevation and conditions may require something different.

• KennyMc

Posted July 16, 2007 - 12:30 PM

I have all of the mods done as well as the FMF Powercore slip-on. I went with the JD Jetting recommendation of the 168 main, 48 pilot and the red needle on the 4th position. I ride anywhere from Johnson Valley to LPNF and the bike has performed fantastic:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.