xr650r worth

8 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted July 16, 2007 - 07:38 AM

i think i might be looking to get rid of my bike. i don't really know how much it is worth. it is street legal is mass and currently plated, only 1000 miles from me and the previous owner, baja designs quick release kit, and it uncorked. the bike can also come with a edelbroc carb is someone wants it for extra money.

so what do you guys think 3600? or am i on crack

• rm298z

Posted July 16, 2007 - 05:30 PM

I payed $2000 for a plated 01 650r in New Jersey a month ago, did not have the baja kit though.

• pwrpapa

Posted July 16, 2007 - 05:52 PM

I payed 2500.00 for a plated 2002 Xr650R two years ago.

• ironmtnracing

Posted July 16, 2007 - 06:00 PM

On crack? Nah....depending on how "clean" it looks you are in the ballpark. I don't know how hard I'd hold onto that price but that all depends on how much time you have to sell.

We spent about 3K on a 2000 that had less than 100 miles, BD kit and no plate. It's showroom new to look at it.

Owner bought it to dual sport, discovered you can't plate it in WA and put it in storage, rode it around the block a couple times.

Plate should get you a little bonus.

Good luck...got any extra wheels? :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • David Von

Posted July 16, 2007 - 06:04 PM

what year is the bike

• David Von

Posted July 16, 2007 - 06:07 PM

I just bought a 2002 xr650r loaded cost me 3,800.00 but I have mexcian national plates on it so I can ride it anywhere in mexico and usa.I put a value of a bike on the transmissions condition because on a xr650r the replacement parts for piston,pin etc is cheap.

• Billahjack

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:41 AM

i think i might be looking to get rid of my bike. i don't really know how much it is worth. it is street legal is mass and currently plated, only 1000 miles from me and the previous owner, baja designs quick release kit, and it uncorked. the bike can also come with a edelbroc carb is someone wants it for extra money.

so what do you guys think 3600? or am i on crack

Depends on the market in your area. If it is very difficult or impossible to plate them now, then that fetches a premium. In CA, the plate is worth $500-$1000 in my opinion.

See what they are going for in various venues like cycle trader and online classifieds. I would think that $3600 is no problem for street legal, but you never know.

If honda comes out with a new street legal 450x or 650R bike, then your market for selling the 650r will tank. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• adam574

Posted July 18, 2007 - 02:05 PM

i can't believe i forgot to put the year.. it is a 03. i am flexible on the price just kinda looking for a quick sale. i am located in plymouth mass if that helps the price at all.

i wonder if i should sell the baja designs kit seperately?

• David Von

Posted July 19, 2007 - 08:37 PM

its worth 3500 if its running good

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.