Thinking about doing the tank/seat switch.

2 replies to this topic
  • 2000WR400

Posted May 16, 2000 - 04:01 PM

From what everyone says about changing there seat to YZ, and tank to the IMS 3.0g, I think I might want to do this. Just to make sure I get the right stuff, I need to get the 00'YZ426 seat {stock from any dealer, right?} and which IMS tank? Is it the 00'YZ426 tank also? I definetly think it would grealy improve the handling capabilities of this beast. I am 6-0ft 170lb. And what about a graphics kit, will I still be able to use the WR kit with the differant tank and seat. Will the radiator shrouds still be able to be used off my bike, or do I have to get YZ shrouds also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 16, 2000 - 04:18 PM

The IMS tank uses the WR shrouds. There are several different tanks out there: IMS, Clarke, Acerbis and one other I believe. IMS sells an entire YZ seat ($125)or just a YZ seat base. The IMS foam, in my opinion, is softer than OEM, but still pretty stiff. Some guys use a differant seat foam on their IMS YZ seat base. The YZ tank has a capacity of around 2 gallons. I, and several others have swapped to a YZ tank. I dearly love mine, although the extra gallon of fuel might be nice. If I go somewhere where I need the range, I'll put the OEM tank and seat back on. Around home, I am fat (that would be fat, dumb and happy) using the YZ tank. It makes a HUGE difference if you ride on an MX track, and nicer everywhere else too (unless it is in the Mojave in the middle of no-where and you are sucking fumes in your tank).

• jlm400

Posted May 16, 2000 - 05:29 PM

Not to put down the IMS tank because it is a huge improvment over the stock. But the Clarke tank is just a tad thinner and holds the extra wieght a little lower in the tank. I would recommend the Clarke for those reason plus it;s $45 dollars cheaper and it bolts to both sides frame useing the stock bolt holes where as the IMS only bolts to one side. Both tanks will doyou very well though. I put a Clarke on a yz400 and couldnt tell any differance from the stock and I gained 1.2 gallon of fuel capacity.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.