Shell Optimax PULP in Oz

No replies to this topic
  • RodH

Posted May 16, 2000 - 12:30 PM

For you guys who can buy Shell Optimax down under be carefully if you have tuned your WR to run on PULP of 95 RON. Even though Optimax is 98 RON it still runs heaps rich. I have run Avgas before and it didn't make a scrap of differenc, but this Optimax is a heaps different fuel to normal PULP.
I run it in my WRX and it makes it go heaps harder, but it has a knock sensor so that it adjusts for the fuel. I am running a 45 pilot jet with normal PULP, but will have to go to a standard 42 with Optimax.

R o d. H. Canberra, Australia<A HREF="" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F,White Brothers E-Series Tapered header, Devol Rad. guards, Renthals, WB frame guards, UFO rear guard and fork guards, Braided brake line, Throttle Jockey YZ426 graphics and grippy seat.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.