650R Stator Issue

1 reply to this topic
  • Fenty

Posted July 16, 2007 - 12:08 AM

need a bit of help here.
My XR is an american spec though I live in Northern Ireland, and since I ride on the road I'm fed up of the candle power lights....

i did a bit of searching and found a G44 stator upgrade from BBBikeshop with all ten poles wound. I asked if it came with a sealed grommet for an XR650R and the guy replied that it did.

I received the alternator on Saturday morning after ordering on tuesday so they did well for prompt delivery.

However, the stock ignition pulse pickup is wired through the existing stock grommet, but the one I received has all the wires sealed in the grommet and all of the wires are fixed to the poles on the coil. There are enough wires for me to cut two of them at the stator and wire the existing pulse pickup to it but I’m unsure about doing this and messing up the coil.

I know about the rickystator or XRStuff here in the UK, but I have no experience of shipping from the states and XRStuff didn't reply to any of my questions by email or answer the phone when i tried.

Should I send the stator back and take BBB's 20% hit on cost for returns or doctor the wiring to fit the pulse pickup in there?

Cheers.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted July 16, 2007 - 04:59 AM

Add two wires for the pickup and route them through the grommet (make a small passage).

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.