ims tank install

3 replies to this topic
  • Matty

Posted May 14, 2000 - 04:00 PM

I have a question regarding fuel line routing
with a yz ims seat and tank. The petcock is on the opposite side as stock. Would appreciate any suggestions as to how to route the line so as to avoid fuel starvation. thanks,
Matt

• Clark_Mason

Posted May 14, 2000 - 04:27 PM

I run and have run a IMS tank for the last 14 months on my 99WR and route the fuel line forward from the carb and over the top of the head behind the compression release cable and over to the petcock. I cut the fuel line length so the bend in the line occures without touching the back sid of the Rt. radiator fins. Works great and really improves handling.

Clark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moto-Mike

Posted May 14, 2000 - 04:54 PM

Another method you may want to consider is rotating your petcock so the gas line is routed rearward on the bike. The only down side to this method is that it is a little harder to turn on/off your gas. This way you can simply run the line between the front of the carb and the head stay bracket. Use the gas line insulator from your stock line on your new gas line to protect it from any hot areas around the engine.

• Matty

Posted May 16, 2000 - 05:30 PM

thanks for the info, worked great
Matt

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.