WR450 transmission problem

1 reply to this topic
  • aussie 54

Posted July 15, 2007 - 09:20 PM

I've got an 05 wr450 and about 2 days ago while heading home on it the back tire just locked up. I was about a mile from home and was wide open in
5th gear on a dirt road. I hit the clutch straight away but it had no effect at all. The enigine is fine and it starts no problem with the electric starter. Yesterday I went to start it and the battery was flat so I kicked it and nearly broke my foot, it seems that is solid now and won't start at all now. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems. I don't want to start tearing it down till I have a little bit of an idea of what I'm in for. Advice would be much appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted July 15, 2007 - 11:46 PM

can you get it into any other gear?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.