dual sport

1 reply to this topic
  • cphillis

Posted May 15, 2000 - 08:06 PM


I have a 2000 Wr and want to dual sport it I live in California but I purchased it in Nevada and had it registered in Nevada. What are my steps on getting it licensed?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Steve_Morgan

Posted May 15, 2000 - 08:37 PM


I'd call a motorcycle dealer in Nevada that does dual-sport conversions, they should be able to give you all the answers. In CA, you need lights, brakelight, signal lights, horn, and a mirror, plus a speedo if the bike originally was equipped with one. A real "stickler" CHP might also check that the brakelight remains on for 20 minutes with the engine off, and the lights & tires are DOT approved. If the 8th digit of the VIN # is a "C" or a "3", the CA DMV won't knowingly issue a plate or green sticker due to CARB regulations. Some have slipped through the system, but I've heard that they're recalling some plates lately. Registering in Nevada is probably simpler...


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.