poor throttle response on '02 WR426

2 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted February 24, 2002 - 01:13 PM

The problem I'm having is that when I twist the throttle quickly the motor tends to stumble. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in (will do it in neutral.) If I twist the throttle at a somewhat slower pace then the motor is fine. It acts like it can't handle such quick twist of the throttle. I'm not sure if this could be a jetting problem or just typical of a four-stroke motor. Having just switched from a KX500 I'm not sure what to expect. Seems that it should be better than it is though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ratbiker

Posted February 24, 2002 - 01:57 PM

You need to search this site tons of info on that subject and a lot of knowlegable people to help you out,but they will tell you first to SEARCH.good luck :) :D :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted February 24, 2002 - 03:01 PM

Definately a jetting issue - you can work around this by turning the idle screw up just a little... the black knob below your hotstart and choke contols..., and by rolling the throttle on a little more slowly... but you do need to search the archives and get the jetting right - once you have done your mods (airbox lid etc), then get into the pilot circuits and needle clip positions...

Good luck,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.