HRC parts for the old 600?

10 replies to this topic
  • rsstom

Posted July 15, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Anybody out there got an HRC high volume oil pump for the old XR600?
I'm pretty sure those parts from Honda/HRC are all dried up by now.
It may have even been part of the HRC Power Up kit? Or maybe just for the RS600?
Anybody have any other HRC goodies? New or used but good shape?

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted July 16, 2007 - 04:59 AM

I have a set of new rings for the HRC piston.

• cleonard

Posted July 16, 2007 - 06:31 AM

I think that you are going to have a real tough time finding one of those oil pumps. My understanding is that it was the factory Baja race bike and the RS600 only.

In my experience and from reading here it seems that most of the problems are due to plumbing issues. Number one is the supply hoses getting kinked during reassembly.

There are a few things that you can do. First be sure that your oil pump is in good shape. Replace any worn parts. I have also seen mods to the oil system. The first and most common mod it to drill the hollow bolts that hold the oil pipe on. Making those holes bigger may help. I have also seen the entire external oil pipe replaced with a larger hose.

• Beerad

Posted July 17, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Anybody out there got an HRC high volume oil pump for the old XR600?
I'm pretty sure those parts from Honda/HRC are all dried up by now.
It may have even been part of the HRC Power Up kit? Or maybe just for the RS600?
Anybody have any other HRC goodies? New or used but good shape?

I've actually got some old HRC 628 parts that I need to put up on ebay. I've got 2 cylinders (with the NH4) stamped into them and some other misc stuff. like a new HRC clutch basket and a set of 628 rings brand new. I've also got a new (I think) HRC 628 kit camshaft with the "NH4" engraved into it. I think I've got an oil pump that's new too, I'll have to check the part number on the box to see if it's the standard one or something different. I'll post back tomorrow after I check.

• rsstom

Posted July 17, 2007 - 03:30 PM

Sounds great. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beerad

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Sounds great. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

I checked it out, the part number is 15100-MY6-670 which is just the standard oil pump.

• rsstom

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:03 PM

That's OK. Thanks for looking. Send me a pm when you get the other parts listed on ebay. Maybe something I'll want! Thanks again!

• nstorm76

Posted May 04, 2012 - 06:20 AM

Yes I do.

I just bought all the remaining RS600 parts from a guy who bought them from the shop, who bought everything from HRC, when HRC sold out all the Dirt Track stuff.

Bottom line, is I have TWO (2) Brand new, in the original boxes RS600D oil pumps. The scavenger pump is 10.0mm wide and will fit directly into any XR600 or XL600 engine.

If anyone is interested in one, I am selling them, along with a number of other RS600 "SPECIAL" parts. The oil pumps are $500 each. Brand New RS600 Crank Shafts are $1000 each. both 75mm and 80mm strokes available.

PLENTY of RS500, RS600 and RS628 Factory HRC Pistons as well.

E-mail me at nstorm76@aol.com

Thanks,
Ned
May 4, 2012

• HeadTrauma

Posted May 04, 2012 - 09:18 AM

1.) Bottom line, is I have TWO (2) Brand new, in the original boxes RS600D oil pumps. The scavenger pump is 10.0mm wide and will fit directly into any XR600 or XL600 engine.

2.) If anyone is interested in one, I am selling them, along with a number of other RS600 "SPECIAL" parts. The oil pumps are $500 each.

3.) Brand New RS600 Crank Shafts are $1000 each. both 75mm and 80mm strokes available.

4.) PLENTY of RS500, RS600 and RS628 Factory HRC Pistons as well.

1.) Is that the only difference from a production pump?

2.) I know they're scarce, but :banghead:

3.) How are they different from production XL600 and XR600 cranks?

4.) Photos? Photos of any of these parts would be good.

• rmhrc630

Posted May 04, 2012 - 12:12 PM

I've got all my hrc stuff installed :banghead:

I didn't even know there was a hi vol oil pump for the xr600?

Any details on how different it is? Was it actually for the xr or the rs?

• nstorm76

Posted May 06, 2012 - 06:53 AM

E-mail me at nstorm76@aol.com for more pictures and details.

Scarce is an understatement. I own the LAST 2 brand new HRC RS600 oil pumps on the face of the planet. I have a spare one for my RS600, that I have had for about 20 years, and I paid more for that one than what I'm asking now.

The RS600 Oil pump has a 10.0mm wide Scavenger pump rotor set, vs the 8.0mm wide on the XR and XL. The Feed side of the oil pump is the same. 6.0mm wide as the XR and XL.

The problem is when the bike is under high RPMs for an extended period of time. The engine will start to "WetSump" because the oil is all foamed up. When it is in this state, the scavenger side of the pump can't pump enough foamed oil to fill the oil tank. The end result is that the feed side of the oil pump runs dry and the top end doesn't get any oil. The end result its the top end self destructs.

The RS oil pump takes care of this issue. I have had my RS600 on Syracuse Mile and Springfield Mile without ever running the feed side empty.

From the oustside, the RS oil pump looks exactly like the earlier XR and XL oil pumps, with the two small phillips head screws holding it together. The only external difference is that it has an oil seal on the drive shaft. This gives you better oil pressure and volume to the top end.

Internally, this is where it is very different. The center frame of the oil pump has a pocket bored down 2.0mm to allow the thicker rotor set to fit into the assembly. The outer , or rear case of the pump is the same as the stock oil pumps. The other big difference is the oil pump shaft. The RS one has a different location for the drive pin.

This pump is a drop in replacement to any XR600R, XL600R or XR650L. (Except the European Dominator. These have different main engine cases.)

As far as the RS crank shafts, they have a stronger connecting Rod, are balanced and trued. I've seen several RS600 engines turned into scrap metal because someone tried to save a few bucks and put in a stock XR or XL crankshaft. They only last about 2 races before the rod breaks. The other alternative is to take a new stock crank, install a Carillo Rod and have it trued balanced and welded. You will have much more than the cost of one of the RS cranks I have for sale. If you want to go that way, I also have a couple of new Carillo Rods for sale as well.

Again, if you want more information, and/or pictures, please e-mail me at nstorm76@aol.com

Thanks again,
Ned

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.