Do you think an OEM...

6 replies to this topic
  • Phat Matt

Posted July 15, 2007 - 03:48 PM

...gray/black seat cover from an 07 yz450 would fit on a 04 yz450? I can't find an after market one in gray/black. I figured maybe I would just order the OEM one from a new bike. So, how do you think it would fit?

Thanks

Matt

• ben_suhard

Posted July 16, 2007 - 08:58 AM

Grab an aftermarket black gripper cover for your your seat, I think they look better than the stock covers.

• Phat Matt

Posted July 16, 2007 - 01:10 PM

I might add that I am putting all white plastics on it and getting custom graphics done. That is why I would like the gray/black seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ranger18

Posted July 16, 2007 - 02:02 PM

It should work. Just pull it tight.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:43 AM

I might add that I am putting all white plastics on it and getting custom graphics done. That is why I would like the gray/black seat.

I still think black would look better, but it's not my bike of course. TMAC25's bike looks pretty good with a black seat(it kind of looks like he coloured the stock cover's grey sides black).http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=531119

• mikedabike

Posted July 17, 2007 - 10:42 AM

The 07 seat is about the same in front taller through the midddle and narrower at the back. You might be able to compensate for the extra material in the middle by pulling it tight. The back would be a problem since the 07 is considerably narrower at the rear I don't think there is enought material to stretch across and 04 base.

• Phat Matt

Posted July 18, 2007 - 11:39 AM

The 07 seat is about the same in front taller through the midddle and narrower at the back. You might be able to compensate for the extra material in the middle by pulling it tight. The back would be a problem since the 07 is considerably narrower at the rear I don't think there is enought material to stretch across and 04 base.

Thanks for the info.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.