Super Motard

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 10, 2000 - 08:12 PM

I am mildly interested in being able to convert my 99Wr into a super motard for some fun on the tar. Could anyone recommend what wheels/hubs/etc. etc. they use when converting to super motard form.
Thankx

• tripm

Posted May 11, 2000 - 02:33 AM

http://members.aol.c...t007/WR400.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 13, 2000 - 03:59 AM

Great idea. White Brothers has Talon hubs and WIDE 17 inch rims already laced. Very expensive though (r $780, f $730), EBC has a big brake kit ($180). Go to a search engine and look for The SuperTT web site; You will be impressed. There are some other links to that site that are good.
I want a set of those wheels so I can dirt ride one day and street ride the next.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 14, 2000 - 03:32 PM

I have raced Super TT in the US and am seetting up for a Super Motard Series in Australia. If you are in the US, I can recommend the following;

1. Rims and Spokes. WHEELCRAFT in Hayward. Call 411 and ask for them. Speak to Mike and tell him Mitch from Australia referred you. A set of 17" rims and spokes (3.5inch front and 4.25 inch rear) will set you back around US$500... US$600 if anodized blue.. :) Excel rims.. :D
2. Dont go for Talon. look great, but really are not worth the money. Stock YZ hubs are better! Trust me, i know... :D Hubs will set you back around US$500...

Total, US$1,100.... Alot cheaper than the Talon option .. Good luck.. If you have any questions, you can get me on: supermotard_99@yahoo.com

Mitch

------------------
Motard Mitch

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 15, 2000 - 11:06 AM

I HAVE JUST 'SUPER MOTARD' MY ,00 WR. I KNOW ITS NOT MUCH HELP TO YOU BUT A SET OFF TALON WHEELS IN THE UK IS ABOUT 600 POUNDS STERLING A ROUGH CONVERSION MAKES THAT AROUND 900 DOLLARS.IT MIGHT BE WORTH TRYING A UK DEALER WHO WOULD BE PREPARED TO SEND YOU A SET.IF YOU NEED ANY HELP IN FINDING A SET IN THE UK LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HELP YOU.MY BIKE RUNS BLACK HUBS AND BLACK RIMS.AN EXCELLENT SUPERMOTO SITE IS WWW.SUPERMOTECH.CO.UK
MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.