Moto SEX

6 replies to this topic
  • rwcfrank

Posted February 24, 2002 - 08:34 AM

Okay now that I have your attention. They are imposing sound limits here in Ca. I have an e-series pipe and currently run 12 discs. When I choke it down to 8 discs the power drops a lot. Which spark arrestor is the quitetest and still makes power. The e series will be on e-bay soon...

• lewichris

Posted February 25, 2002 - 06:12 AM

how much to sell it outright?

• bonez34

Posted February 25, 2002 - 03:20 PM

damn, i've been bamboozled, run amuck, and flim flamed!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted February 25, 2002 - 04:49 PM

The most silent configuration I've found so far is a stock WR pipe with a Vortip insert. You will notice a drop in high RPM pull with this set up but is will pass the forest nazi inspection. The FMF Power Core IV 'squared' is almost as quiet but should pass a sound test too. FMF standard Power Core pipe has a different internal shape with less surface area than the 'squared' pipe and is a bit louder again.
There are other pipes for Europe that claim to be quiet but I haven't checked them out.

Do not let the forest nazi test the bike in the back of your truck. A truck bed is a semi-reverberant chamber. This is a fancy way of saying sound reflecting surface and will add at least 3 dB-A to any measurement equipment.

• Tim_Heslip

Posted February 26, 2002 - 06:24 AM

Dan,
Do you know how loud the bike is with the stock pipe and Vortip? I am thinking about going with this setup. Right now I am unplugged but I may be looking into Enduros and HScrambles.

Thanks,
Tim Heslip

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted February 26, 2002 - 10:54 PM

I haven't measured it myself but the guy who invented the Vortip says his customers have been getting between 97 to 99 dB-A at sound checks.

• Tim_Heslip

Posted February 26, 2002 - 12:52 PM

What is legal for most events? I thought it was 94 dB.

Tim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.