Best aluminum bark buster guards?

4 replies to this topic
  • Greg

Posted May 12, 2000 - 09:02 PM

I'm going to buy some bark busters, who makes the best ones? I heard moose racing has the best hardware, it's an internal bar clamp like I bicycle seat post. I don't want to use the rubber hose and bolt method because I was told it won't come back out when you remove them.

• Bill

Posted May 12, 2000 - 10:02 AM

Moose guards are the same as most manufactures. They also DO have the rubber hose deals. When I removed mine for the first time. I had to beat them out with a dead blow hammer (I must have been a Harley mechanic in a past life). I was telling a friend about it and he said you could order some billet aluminum "holders". I haven't found any yet. Believe it or not they were harder to get on than off. It took about an hour for the first one and then 15 minutes for the second.

I like the way the Cycras look. You may want to look at those. But I don't know how they connect to the bars.

Also the Moose guards mount the mud protectors on the inside of the Barkbuster. So they are get knocked off in a hard impact.

Happy Trails
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat/brick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 12, 2000 - 10:25 AM

Bill www.enduroeng.com
They sell barkbusters or you can order the metal handlebar inserts .
I use the Acerbris handguards with the metal covered in hard plastic. They come with good mounting hardware.

• Steve_Morgan

Posted May 12, 2000 - 11:06 AM

I like my SRC handguards. They mount directly to the triple-clamp, freeing up lots of extra room for all my other stuff that mounts to the bars. They do use the rubber hose mounts though... http://www.srcinc.net/handguards.html

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 12, 2000 - 02:33 PM

Hi Everybody there !!!

Despite I use a Rally pro Acerbis handguards, I have learned that Cycra barkbusters are the best. See it on http://www.cycra.com/onlinec.html

Regards from Chile :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.