Show your Dual Sport XR650R

268 replies to this topic
  • Suikerland

Posted August 05, 2007 - 12:14 PM

I'm amazed. At how you managed to adapt that thing and fit the light, and how you managed to do it so quick. Do you have 3 day weekends in Singapore??? Or are you friends with every workshop in town?
That's a totally unique pig, visually it looks real good, and that fairing looks like it forms a pretty good air scoop too.
Well done dude.

Will that front fender be a problem with mud, if you get a heavy build-up on the front wheel?

• smicer

Posted August 05, 2007 - 10:30 PM

hahaha..not friends with every workshop dude...the fairings all done up across the border...just 5mins ride after the border...takes 2 weeks to get it fit right on with my XR and all the paintwork..the fairings is left at the shop to be completed...i am working during office hours time....so sundays is off...with alternate saturday...
So last saturday morning,after giving them a call and got confirmation on the fairings done,i ride over to get it fix right on...then yesterday,i am not doing any rides,so i just did the respraying of the top fairings...and by noon,i took the pig out for a little ride...awesome...

oh about the front fender,thats what i thought so...but i will give a try this Thursday since its our National day and its a holiday..

• zimo

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:34 AM

Here is mine in the garage with its dead sheep on the seat .
Posted Image
My Bike without the seat and tank
Posted Image
And last my previous bike in Botswana
Posted Image

• smicer

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:07 AM

dude....so to say you rode 2 XR650R?so what makes you to sell the 1st XR and end up getting another XR?

anyway,what grade of fork oil you guys change to?i need to service the fork and replace the oil...

• zimo

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:11 AM

Another one in Botswana in the Motlose river at a place called Solomons walls
Posted Image

• zimo

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:18 AM

Yeah I actually had a xr 200 a few 500's a 600 and then the 650's got a later model with almost no k's from a friend so sold mine and bought his .
Here is a photo of 2 of my previous bikes .Riding with a friend new owner in the Limpopo river the border between South Africa and Botswana in the winter the river is very low
Posted Image
Sorry dont know about the fork oil but will try and find out from my friendly 4trokes only mac .

• zimo

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:42 AM

Man that is a good looking screen :applause: how about u ship me one :crazy:

• smicer

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:03 AM

man...you guys have great places to ride....we have the bikes...but very limited places to ride...

which screen?

• martinfan30

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:13 AM

what kind of truck is that?

• smicer

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:32 AM

remember i did said i got some troubles over the coolant system leaking once in awhile...doin fast ride and sometimes on traffic area,i found some or at times pretty bad leaking on my left radiator...

I found out the culprit is this bugger...got it removed and its been good so far...1 week and counting..
Posted Image

Posted Image
got the thermostat removed..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGGITY

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:34 AM

Zimo, how tall are you? 6'8? You make that 650 look like a 200. lol

• zimo

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:25 AM

What that little red pig drags me every were I want to go ,Thursday going on a little 7 day tour with 3 other 650 's a 400 drz and 640 ktm proparbly will bwe riding about 3000 k,s

• smicer

Posted August 07, 2007 - 07:45 AM

Please share the photos of the trip after its done...

Good luck and ride safe...:applause:

• Suikerland

Posted August 07, 2007 - 12:33 PM

What that little red pig drags me every were I want to go ,Thursday going on a little 7 day tour with 3 other 650 's a 400 drz and 640 ktm proparbly will bwe riding about 3000 k,s

yeah pics please.

• zimo

Posted August 07, 2007 - 11:13 PM

Will do suikerland will think he is at home in the desert some areas inthe Richtersveld are very unrelentless.

• smicer

Posted August 08, 2007 - 11:37 PM

Did a test ride today...as usual...its raining like there's no tomoro in the early hours of 7am...lots of single track,slippery ruts,mudpools,beach sand,clay mud,you name it...but no steep hills...:p

the Rallye fairings did well...it didnt affect any of my riding postures,and even with low branches,it perform as good as without any fairing...nothing came off for sure..:applause:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• smicer

Posted August 08, 2007 - 11:42 PM

a little more photos.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Suikerland

Posted August 09, 2007 - 08:39 AM

Did a test ride today...as usual...its raining like there's no tomoro in the early hours of 7am...lots of single track,slippery ruts,mudpools,beach sand,clay mud,you name it...but no steep hills...:p

Does it ever stop raining there???
Here we get rain once a year, about december usually.

• smicer

Posted August 09, 2007 - 10:42 PM

on season yeah....at this point of time,it will rain in the morning...and humidity thruout the afternoon....few days later,then comes rain....last month,it even rains everyday for the whole week..:banghead:

• dezracerE

Posted August 10, 2007 - 06:24 AM

on season yeah....at this point of time,it will rain in the morning...and humidity thruout the afternoon....few days later,then comes rain....last month,it even rains everyday for the whole week..:banghead:

Smicer- What is that ft fender off of?
I am looking for a low fender for my KLR.
That one looks nice.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.