Show your Dual Sport XR650R

268 replies to this topic
  • DUDEBRO7

Posted July 25, 2007 - 12:04 PM

nice riding place you have there...care ti show more?

Thats like asking Lindsay Lohan if she wants another drink ... dont encourage him! :bonk:

R You left out the two best pictures!

• DUDEBRO7

Posted July 25, 2007 - 12:09 PM

Marks 50mph slide
Posted Image
[/IMG]

Dragging pegs ... thats how I roll

• smicer

Posted July 26, 2007 - 06:10 PM

sounds bad..

• zimo

Posted July 27, 2007 - 12:30 AM

Hey Smicer realy sicc bike dude ,send some photos of the seat upgrade pls.
what screen u got on there ?

• smicer

Posted July 27, 2007 - 01:26 AM

thanks dude...the screen no fancy adventure brand....its from Gilera 200.

Posted Image
heres the photo of the actual screen again..

The seat i haven't thought of anything yet...bcoz actually i have another bike which is the TDM900 which i do touring once in awhile...
and to add foam to the current XR just for touring purpose,i felt it would'nt be the right move afterall...bcoz i do wanna race this pig in time to come...so i have to hunt for another seat to do the seat upgrade...:ride:

• zimo

Posted July 27, 2007 - 03:47 AM

Yes it makes sense not to butcher your current seat .
Thank for the info on the screen looks realy cool .

• smicer

Posted July 27, 2007 - 07:18 AM

thanks again buddy..:thumbsup:

• smicer

Posted July 28, 2007 - 04:11 PM

i am currently doing the Rallye fairing project...

its halfway thru..
this is what it looks..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image:ride:

• BIGGITY

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing special. Finally got the stabalizer sub mount to raise the bars a bit (I'm 6'7). Ordered some Excel Talon SM wheels so looking forward to mounting those for the daily commute. Everyday is a good day now commuting to work. Drive down the PCH in San Diego checking the waves and then a short 5 minute shot inland to work. :thumbsup:

I love my plated XRR!

• smicer

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:53 PM

Yesterday did a whole day riding session on roads...a very wet day...it was the monsoon season now...so the amount of rain is endless..we rode to Mersing,Malaysia...the whole day session round up to 390km.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

for full photo pages,the link is here:
http://aj77.multiply...photos/album/43

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smicer

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:55 PM

Returning back home,met another 2 XR650R...Singaporean XR650R unite...btw,there's only 7-9units here...

Posted Image:applause:

• smicer

Posted July 29, 2007 - 10:57 PM

Nothing special. Finally got the stabalizer sub mount to raise the bars a bit (I'm 6'7). Ordered some Excel Talon SM wheels so looking forward to mounting those for the daily commute. Everyday is a good day now commuting to work. Drive down the PCH in San Diego checking the waves and then a short 5 minute shot inland to work. :thumbsup:

I love my plated XRR![/QUOTE]

wow..i love your lifestyle...can we trade lives?:crazy:

btw,how much the stabilizer cost ya?

• zimo

Posted July 29, 2007 - 11:25 PM

Hi smicer awesome terrain especially in the woods and on the beach ,should come and visit .What tires do u use in those wet condition on the tar ?

• smicer

Posted July 30, 2007 - 03:30 AM

actually i had Michelin T63 on both pair...its very good on highways and normal trails and quite ok on sandybeach...

since the rear have been eaten up so fast,i've just replaced it with Kenda Millsville...this tyre would definately better on serious off-roads,but will definately eat up fast on the roads...i did 175km/hr yesterday as we hit the highway but have a headshake also due to the strong Malaysia North South Highway winds..i would love to have the stabilizer though...but pocket not strong enuff juss yet...:busted:

• smicer

Posted July 30, 2007 - 03:34 AM

and yes..you should come visit Malaysia if you're a fans of Natural wet terrain,mountains,tropical forest,tigers...:eek:

i do have some western friends who live and work here...they also will hit Malaysia's jungle for trails during the sunday...We have KTM group tours too...but i'm not a KTM fan...so why bother afterall...:p

• BIGGITY

Posted July 30, 2007 - 07:01 AM

[quote name='smicer']Nothing special. Finally got the stabalizer sub mount to raise the bars a bit (I'm 6'7). Ordered some Excel Talon SM wheels so looking forward to mounting those for the daily commute. Everyday is a good day now commuting to work. Drive down the PCH in San Diego checking the waves and then a short 5 minute shot inland to work. :thumbsup:

I love my plated XRR![/QUOTE]

wow..i love your lifestyle...can we trade lives?:crazy:

btw,how much the stabilizer cost ya?[/QUOTE]

It was on the bike when I bought it used. Some guy had a 2000 w/ basically no miles on it. Already had the suspension set up for a 240 pound person and it had the stabilizer and was street legal. I scored huge on that one. His wife wanted space in the garage and he had turned into a billy bad ass Harley rider. I guess he crashed once in the dirt and that was the end of his dirtbike riding days. Worked out well for me! :thumbsup:

Now I get to use it as a commuter and I get to ride the desert and Baja Mexico w/ it. Once in a blue moon I'll take it out to the MX track for some self abuse. I love this bike. It's a quad sport if you ask me. Street, Desert, MX and Mexico! :thumbsup: :applause:

• smicer

Posted July 30, 2007 - 07:50 AM

wow...thats life...simply fantastic...:applause:

• Suikerland

Posted July 30, 2007 - 08:08 AM

Some pix taken from the last time it was bearable to ride here - now it's too hot to take the bike out except very late at night. Waiting for winter, summer time for buying parts and doing mods....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

after having the bike for a week... we all love deep sand don't we...

Posted Image

and on the beach, after figuring out how to ride on the soft stuff...

Posted Image

smicer, your beach shots are awesome.. lucky to be where you are.
BTW you probably saw most of these pics on another forum, i recognize your bike, it's looking good...

• Suikerland

Posted July 30, 2007 - 08:27 AM

smicer, your bike must be real dirty....
this is what I get when I click on your link to view photos of your ride...

Posted Image

• smicer

Posted July 30, 2007 - 05:33 PM

Hey dude..firstly i would like to say wassup...

wats the current temperature there?i heard in DUbai it reaches 42degress...oouch....thats hot...at some point,i am really glad i am where i am...but some of the adventure riders photos with superb view is so fantastic..
i saw your pictures too on other forum and somewhere...loves the fine white beach sand...i saved photo too on my pc...i did a collection of XR650R photos...i m fanatic...:worthy:

btw,wats with religious,political and moral values about my photos?nothing obscene you know....:excuseme:
You mean dirty like this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
hehe..
did anyone else get the same problem entering my multiply?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.