Show your Dual Sport XR650R

268 replies to this topic
  • Billahjack

Posted December 14, 2008 - 09:08 PM

See if this link works....

If all else fails, try the next gear. They said I was stuck, I said get the camera. Finally got out in 3rd gear.

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=32476864

Here's a picture just prior to the video of "unstuck"

Posted Image

• Hodakaguy

Posted December 15, 2008 - 02:33 AM

Here's a few shots of my baby in dual sport trim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hodakaguy

• RdrMtn

Posted December 15, 2008 - 06:46 AM

Very nice bike, Hodakaguy. :thumbsup:

• jdubb75

Posted December 15, 2008 - 10:51 AM

See if this link works....

If all else fails, try the next gear. They said I was stuck, I said get the camera. Finally got out in 3rd gear.

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=32476864

Here's a picture just prior to the video of "unstuck"

Posted Image

Classic! It takes a mountain of torque to spin up the rear in a third gear take off. Nice save!:thumbsup:

• algunn

Posted December 15, 2008 - 06:31 PM

Here's mine. Hey Hodakaguy, where'd you get that mirror?
Posted Image

• Billahjack

Posted December 15, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hodakaguy,

Nice backdrops. Was it windy at the Gorge? Is that an IRC tire on the back? I have been thinking of trying that one with the monster knobs.

• wsettle

Posted December 23, 2008 - 12:08 AM

Smicer,

I like the dual headlight setup on the left bike. Do you know (or can you find out) what the plastic housing is off of? I like the way it is rounded on the sides to match the lights. Or is it an optical illusion?

Are there any more pics that show the housing a little better?

Thanks.

Posted Image

• Potts228

Posted December 23, 2008 - 10:39 AM

Here's a few shots of my baby in dual sport trim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hodakaguy

What tail light setup is that??? Looks like it keeps the plate out of harms way!

• smicer

Posted December 23, 2008 - 05:39 PM

Smicer,

I like the dual headlight setup on the left bike. Do you know (or can you find out) what the plastic housing is off of? I like the way it is rounded on the sides to match the lights. Or is it an optical illusion?

Are there any more pics that show the housing a little better?

Thanks.

Posted Image

If i am not mistaken,it's from either cemoto or acerbis with a little tag that says Safari...it comes in a complete set like that...i think i might be able to get one from a local Acerbis distributor if you want...i can go checkout the price for ya...

• weskc35k

Posted December 23, 2008 - 06:35 PM

Any time i see this thread i can't help but start and drool over what all you guys have done to your bike.
That dual headlight is boss i want one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hodakaguy

Posted December 23, 2008 - 07:43 PM

The mirror on my bike is a KTM folding mirror, just like this one http://store.ktmtwin...8312040200.html

If you watch Ebay you can get them for about $29 new. So far they are the best mirror I've seen. I ordered the one with the short stock.

Those pictures were taken in Hover WA, actually about a couple hours east of the Gorge. The rear tire is a D606 and so far its worked really well, I have about 600 miles on it now and its really wearing good so far.

The taillight on my bike is a Edge 2 LED unit, it's actually made to install under the fender but I installed it on top to keep it out of harms way. I made some small spacers to go between the fender and the light unit and also made a aluminum backing plate for the licence plate to keep it from getting all bent up.

You can see more of my Edge 2 tailight on the XR650R forum here: http://hondaxr650r.f...the-brp-t32.htm

Hodakaguy

• wsettle

Posted December 24, 2008 - 12:10 AM

If i am not mistaken,it's from either cemoto or acerbis with a little tag that says Safari...it comes in a complete set like that...i think i might be able to get one from a local Acerbis distributor if you want...i can go checkout the price for ya...

No need to get a price just yet. I'm mainly looking for housings that would make a dual light setup look good. And that motorcycle on the left looks GOOD!

If you find out which headlight it is, please let me know. I looked in the Arcrbis catalog and can't find it. Thanks.

• scalejockey

Posted December 25, 2008 - 08:10 AM

Posted Image
Baja designs kit
EBC oversized rotor
re-spring,re-valved suspension
full W\B pipe
Hot cam stage two cam
frame guards,skid plate,radiator guards
Applied racing top clamp w\fat bars
custom tool bag(small)
hand guards
fold away mirror(not shown)
IMS 3.4 gl.tank
And..gripper seat

• PorterzCustomz

Posted December 25, 2008 - 08:54 AM

HO HO HO!

Posted Image

• keithm1

Posted February 26, 2009 - 09:11 AM

cool thread
im in the process of buying an xrr and this makes just the right reading for me

• AtomicGeo

Posted February 26, 2009 - 08:41 PM

Keep it simple...no lolligagging.

Posted Image

• ZenMoto

Posted February 26, 2009 - 10:23 PM

Lots of nice bikes in here. ...here's my pig, which is simply the best bike I've ever owned!!! :lol:

Posted Image

• garndog

Posted February 27, 2009 - 03:33 AM

needsprayer!! how do you like the vapor? i was thinking of installing one on my bike. nice!!!

• mikesbaron

Posted February 27, 2009 - 07:46 AM

Hey that looks like Las Cruces area hills!!

[quote name='rodrigeo']Keep it simple...no lolligagging.

Posted Image

• mikesbaron

Posted February 27, 2009 - 07:50 AM

I like the graphics and seat cover, where'd you get the seat cover?!

[quote name='ZenMoto']Lots of nice bikes in here. ...here's my pig, which is simply the best bike I've ever owned!!! :lol:

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.