What to buy next???????????

8 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted May 11, 2000 - 06:18 AM

Below in my profile you can see what has been done to the bike. I would like to know what you guys would buy next? I do not want to invest in appearence items, only performance parts. By performance I'll include suspension mods, motor work or parts, titanium or carbon fiber.

What would you guys buy and in what order?

Thanks as always
and happy trails!

Bill Hall

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat/brick.

• Bryan

Posted May 11, 2000 - 06:32 AM

Every rider has a different opinion on this based on how they ride and what they ride and how much money they want to fork over.

My next choices would be: fork re-valve and Scotts steering damper.

Bryan...

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 11, 2000 - 06:33 AM

Bill, In my opinon I would get a Scotts steering dampner. They're really nice. How about your chain slider? Is it just me or does the stock one wear quickly? I recently install a TM Designs Plastic unit on my bike, and it lasts!!! Good Luck-Dan

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 11, 2000 - 07:19 AM

After I read your post, first thing that popped into my head was "dampener". Even before I read the other posts.

Get a Scott's dampener, you'll be surprised at what an improvement it makes.

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 11, 2000 - 07:26 AM

I as everyone suffer from arm pump. I ride mostly moto-x for fun and have tried a GNCC. During the GNCC I did not get a "pump". But I did feel like I had been beaten after the race.

I was also considering the triple clamp that moves the forks back (shorter wheelbase)and allows several bar positions. Does anyone know if Renthals will work on this triple clamp and who makes it.

I didn't even think about a dampner. I knew you guys wouldn't let me down....Thanks, I'll keep checking.

Bill

• mcarp

Posted May 11, 2000 - 08:04 AM

Bill- I too am going through the same dilemna and have decided to get a damper as well (before I read the post).

Don't forget-tires are probably THE MOST important performance items you can get.

• William

Posted May 11, 2000 - 10:54 AM

My friend who owns a Gas Gas shop and says a Wer is much better than a scotts and cheaper too, but built better than Scotts, Scotts your buying the name.

------------------
2000 WR400F

• RodH

Posted May 11, 2000 - 12:23 PM

The W.E.R. dampners are really popular here in OZ, and almost all the top Enduro riders use the WER as opposed to other brands.
But then Shane Watts doesn't use one at all, and he still smokes em! :)

------------------
R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia
2000 WR400FL
White Brother E-Series Tapered header, Devol Rad. guards, Renthals, WB frame guards, UFO rear guard and fork guards, Fastline braided brake hose.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted May 12, 2000 - 02:30 AM

Wer is much better than a scotts and cheaper too, but built better than Scotts, Scotts your buying the name.

I'd disagree with that.. not only because I sell them but for the fact that the Scotts is adjustable on the run, easier to mount and remove from the bike and doesn't require mods to headlight etc and don't have probs with the oil coller like on the XR400.

The W.E.R. dampners are really popular here in OZ, and almost all the top Enduro riders use the WER as opposed to other brands

ROD- I think this is due to the fact that noone is pushing them.
Here in NZ no dampers sell beacuse noone retails them.
I think I'm the only one in the country that brings them in and with an Dealer Account with Scotts.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.