My 426 Rocks

6 replies to this topic
  • slacksaw

Posted July 14, 2007 - 02:46 PM

Went out riding today with a buddy who just bought a brand new yzf 250 after a couple of hours we switched up and I was curious to see how much of a difference there is between my 01 426 and this new beauty. anyway I start to ride and right off the bat notice the weight difference, so much lighter I felt like I could toss that thing around. But I have to say it doesnt have the snap and power that the 426 does, I was a little dissapointed I thought the 250 would rip, it was very smooth but I was expecting more I quess. although my bike is older and heavier I love that thing and would never get rid of it. Little side note If anyone has a 426 without the hotcam mod you want it, i dont have it but will by the end of the month. easier to start especially when stalling bike. YZF 426 RULES :thumbsup:

• 426boy

Posted July 14, 2007 - 05:10 PM

i love my 426 also

• crazyal426

Posted July 14, 2007 - 07:19 PM

It seems like we are a dying breed. Although, I did put a big bore in mine. Do I still count?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 boy

Posted July 14, 2007 - 10:16 PM

the young fullas r gettin hold of these bike like me, im only 15 and its a bit of a hand ful after gettin off a 125. but uno, 426es r sic.

• whyzee79

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:25 AM

I love my 426. :thumbsup: I'm not giving it up.

I'd rather find ways to reduce weight, and put new suspension on it.

• Type Gendy

Posted July 18, 2007 - 01:06 PM

I went riding at a track with a bunch of 250ers last weekend, and they all watned to trade. I didnt really care to :thumbsup:

• slacksaw

Posted July 18, 2007 - 01:19 PM

Cant wait to ride tomorrow going to thornwood(nice outdoor track) The more seat time I can get the more I like Riding again. Just need to get the confiedence built up. And to think about a month ago I was about to up and get rid of the bike and call it quits.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.