Honda Racing 4 Stroke

3 replies to this topic
  • Airastro

Posted May 11, 2000 - 12:48 PM

We have all heard the rumors about the mysterious Honda 4 stroke race bike out there. There was speculation that LaRocco may ride it in the Nationals. This probably won't happen. I saw LaRocco on Tuesday at Lake Elsinore MX track ( about 20 Miles from the AMA National opener at Glen Helen) and he was riding his CR. He was hauling butt, but the disappoinment was that it was on a 2 stroke not a 4 stroke. I know that Lusk, Tortelli and Windham have also been in the area preparing for Nationals the last few weeks, and they too have been on CR's.

• MotoGreg

Posted May 11, 2000 - 04:01 PM

I saw Lampson there (Elsinore) this past Sunday with his CR125.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Heywood

Posted May 11, 2000 - 04:09 PM

I asked a team Honda rider (thru a friend) some time ago and was told that there was no plans for Honda to race an MX Thumper this year.

Just got a report from practice at Glen Helen today, no Honda 4-Stroke there either.

Unfortunatley, it is sounding more and more that the rumors are not true

• MotoGreg

Posted May 11, 2000 - 04:43 PM

I heard that it will debut in Europe at a 500 GP race. I also heard that Spud Walters, who currently races the yz426 for White Bros but works as a Honda test rider in his day job, has signed to race the Honda thumper next year.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.