4 replies to this topic
  • Kenwood

Posted May 10, 2000 - 07:32 PM

This is my favorite site. Everybody riding the baddest bike around. Heres my question. I'm in Kauai, HI and ride everything from cane roads to hairy single tracks and steep hill climbs. I'm looking to add a little horsepower so I ordered a pipe from FMF.(Power Core IV-2)and a Hi-Flo header. Whats everbody out there using and what typr of gains are you getting and do you think it was worth the $.

• Dougie

Posted May 11, 2000 - 04:55 AM

I'm using the FMF PC IV with the Hi Flo header. I gained a little throughout the power range. Was it worth the money? I really don't think I'd do it again for power reasons. However, I do like the weight savings as well as the oil filter easy access. Again, it probably wasn't worth the money just for those two reasons. But add up all three reasons and it comes close to being worth the money. Following that?

I'd say the best money I put into the bike was the YZ seat and IMS tank as well as the suspension upgrade (lighter springs for my weight and gold valves).

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 11, 2000 - 05:36 AM

Lighter springs!!!!!!!!

WOW you must be skinny

• Bryan

Posted May 11, 2000 - 05:47 AM

Yeah. Doug is lighter than me.
I'm 180 to 185 (without gear) and I think the stock springs are just fine for me. Although I did have A-Loop do a revalve for me and I agree with Doug, it's money well spent since it makes the fork MUCH better over small bumps. I didn't touch the rear shock since it seems to work fine for me.
KerryT is quite a bit heavier than me and with the stock springs, he was always bottoming out the forks and rear shock too. He went with heavier springs front and back with a re-valve and is loving life.

• Kenwood

Posted May 11, 2000 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Dougie, My riding partner is getting me the FMF goodies at 1/2 price so I feel a little better about that. Lighter springs, Wow! I wish. Have you heard of any other types of exhaust systems that have given better results? I won't get mine for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd see what everone is having success with.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.