Will YZ426 radiator shrouds fit on my IMS 3.3

1 reply to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 10, 2000 - 10:59 AM

I just purchased a YZ426 factory effex kit and seat cover for my WR400 (with the IMS 3.3/YZ seat). The seat cover fits perfect the tank graffics line up great. I would like to buy the 426 shrouds to go along with the ensemble but will they fit? I've been told that the radiators are different and they might not work. Has anyone tried this before?

P.S. Bryan great job on this site!
--------------------------------------------
98 WR400,Fineline Sus;Scotts triple clamp & stabilizer,Pro-tapers,Pacemaker3,IMS3.3,4.0/YZ seat,IMS Pro-pegs,Devol guards,TM chain slider,426 factory effex kit

[This message has been edited by Dan Lorenze (edited 05-10-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted May 10, 2000 - 01:20 PM

Dan, I owned a 99 WR before I bought the new 00 WR. The Aus. 00WR has the similar tank, seat and shrouds as the 426. The 99 WR and 00 WR radiators and shrouds are completley different too, by a long way. The lower bolt wouldn't even get close to fitting, and the devol rad, guards I had for the 99 would not fit, so I had to get new ones to fit the 2000. I put devol guards from a 426 on my 00 WR, and the fit great, but remember this is for the Aust. model, and I would bet that for the US the 99 & 00 WR tanks, seat and shrouds are the same, and different to the 426.

------------------
R o d. H. Canberra, Australia400 Thumpers Australia
2000 WR400FL
White Brother E-Series Tapered header, Devol Rad. guards, Renthals, WB frame guards, UFO rear guard and fork guards, Fastline braided brake hose.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.