Question about tube that MJ screws into?

3 replies to this topic
  • CO_Rider

Posted July 13, 2007 - 11:41 PM

I have switched out my Main Jet on my 07 YZ450 twice now and both times the entire tube that the main jet screws into comes out with it (cant just screw out the MJ) Is this commen? I have a 05 YFZ450 and had a YZ250F (same carb I believe as the 07 YZ450?) and never had this happen. I am just curious if this is normal and also do you just screw it back in all the way? Like I said I have never had this happen before so I don't really want to be messing anything up in the carb.

• bigred455

Posted July 15, 2007 - 12:18 PM

Very normal to have the nozzle come out with the main.Very simple solution,tighten the nozzle with 1/4 INCH ratchet.When you put the main in ,button it up with just your hand and a 6mm socket.Then just give the main a SLIGHT turn with the ratchet nothing more. Next time you drop the main,give it a quick turn to loosen and the nozzle will stay put.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer24

Posted July 15, 2007 - 01:34 PM

thats the needle jet....the jet needle, when the throttle is closed sits all the way through it and you can sort of see it if you look into the drain plug..its normal...the main jet screws into it..and the needle jet screws into the carb...the main and needle circuit work hand in hand all the circuits overlap but the needle and main circuit control basically 1/2-wot

• CO_Rider

Posted July 15, 2007 - 04:09 PM

Ok thanks guys. Like I said I have never seen that happen before and I probably have jetted the YFZ 30 times in the last 3 years. But thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.