Brake Problems

1 reply to this topic
  • D-Boy

Posted May 09, 2000 - 08:09 PM

I've got a '98 WR and I'm having an awful time with the brakes. My first problem is that my front brakes are extremly soft. I can pull the break lever back to the handle bar without too much trouble. The brakes still work but the stopping power stinks. My second problem is that my front brakes do not release all the way. In other words the brake is always on a little. Anyone have any ideas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Henry

Posted May 09, 2000 - 09:08 PM

maybe your braking system has got some air bubbles inside which cause the pressure to drop. remove all those bubble and you are ready tp squeeze that brake real hard!
as for the always ON brake, maybe you can try spraying bit of lubrication into or clean the piston which is inside your brake calibre,rust or any dirt maybe jam the piston which cause the dragging of the front wheel
hope this help :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.