The Secrets of the 2008 YZ450F Muffler

23 replies to this topic
  • ben_suhard

Posted July 16, 2007 - 09:07 AM

If they could patent it, it'd be funny if they included a clause in there that said "Any manufacturer can use this design except Honda, 'cause they screwed us all with the front brake line routing patent!" Yeah I know it's stupid and they'd never do that, but if it was in a movie...

• j-ripper

Posted July 02, 2008 - 02:56 PM

thanks for the link--i have an 08, and the muffler is restrictive, just wondering if anyone cut the yellow part out yet??i'm thinking heat and flow are in the equation,, maybe i'll be the 1st to try it!!! gonna need some jetting ideas from yall to make it work most likly.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 02, 2008 - 03:01 PM

thanks for the link--i have an 08, and the muffler is restrictive, just wondering if anyone cut the yellow part out yet??i'm thinking heat and flow are in the equation,, maybe i'll be the 1st to try it!!! gonna need some jetting ideas from yall to make it work most likly.:thumbsup:

Nope, you won't be the first.

http://www.thumperta...434#post6407434

• MX926

Posted July 02, 2008 - 06:30 PM

I have ran a shortened 07 muffler on my 08 YZ450, but can only seem to keep it quiet for 3 or 4 rides, then the packing is just shot... I switched back to a stock 07 muffler, lost a bit of throttle response, but the bike pulls longer in each gear, and you don't have to repack it every couple weeks...
-Modifying the stock 08 muffler to be less restrictive, seems to be much more work, than its worth. It also seems to eat packing in jsut a few weekends of hard racing.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.