big fuel tanks for WR

3 replies to this topic
  • geokobbi

Posted May 07, 2000 - 08:37 AM

Hi everybody. I just got my new WR400F the other day and I love it. Where can I get 18-20 L (4,7-5,3 gal) fuel tanks for my wr400F. Here in iceland we need to have fuel for 250-350km (155-220 mi), so the standard 12L (3,2 gal) tank are of little use, unless we bring fuel in bottles and cans (not so good idea :)).

• Bill

Posted May 08, 2000 - 04:28 PM

The largest tank I'm aware of is the Pirie. This is what Kevin Hines uses. Don't know who they are (never heard of'em) or how to get a hold of them.

Good Luck..Yes I'll need change for my two cents worth.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbernard

Posted May 09, 2000 - 03:10 AM

yamaha did make a 15l tank. and IMS make a 3.8l side tank, hope this helps some what.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 09, 2000 - 06:32 AM

Where can I get 18-20 L (4,7-5,3 gal) fuel tanks for my wr400F.

Hello Geokobbi, I have a 4 gallon (liters?)tank on my WR ,Its an IMS tank. Its like riding a bull! But it allows you to go long distances, I also carry 2 gallons of fuel in a fuel blatter (when necessary) in my back pack,this allows me to go well over 200mi. without refueling. see: www.imsproducts.com See Ya, Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.