dry plates

2 replies to this topic
  • danny-goddard

Posted July 13, 2007 - 02:12 PM

hi there my clutch is playing up my 426 (2000) supprise supprise.
i stripped it today and when i was taking the plates out i discoverd the last 3 plates where dry of oil???
not sure wots going on here
ive read on tt you can drill holes in the basket to get more oil to the plates??
also when i was removeing the clutch hub i broke off 1 of the shafts that holed the springs:foul: so i need a new hub. can anybody huck me up?? many thanks danny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 13, 2007 - 02:27 PM

You broke the clutch boss (hub). New ones are $60 (USD) at full retail, and less at the discount sites. The new one will already have the holes in it, as they were factory drilled beginning in 2001.

• jmikec100

Posted July 14, 2007 - 11:49 PM

I just rebuilt my 2000 426 and have a clutch boss that I was going to recycle. If you really need it you can have it but it was worn enough that I just got a new one while I had the engine broke down.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.