needle help

2 replies to this topic
  • kenny1234

Posted July 13, 2007 - 12:45 PM

hi guys.
i m a bit confuddled with jd instructions(it says blue needle for low altitude/low temp below 50f-red needle for high altitude high temp) i m at sea level but temp is above 50 f and will only touch that on real cold winter i d say 60-70f is average here.
which needle should i be using????? the blue for low altitude even though temp out or red for temp even though altitudes out
i have tried both and bike runs good but cant really tell difference between the 2(prob down to carb bein that awkward to work on by the time stripped and rebuilt i ve pretty much forgotten how to ride my bike ha ha ha ha)
kenny:mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted July 13, 2007 - 01:03 PM

Red = Lean needle = Fatter
Blue= Rich Needle= Thinner, Can't tell you which to use, if you are on the edge between two main jets then the Needle could be used to sway the mid range jetting in either direction

• KennyMc

Posted July 13, 2007 - 03:00 PM

hi guys.
i m a bit confuddled with jd instructions(it says blue needle for low altitude/low temp below 50f-red needle for high altitude high temp) i m at sea level but temp is above 50 f and will only touch that on real cold winter i d say 60-70f is average here.
which needle should i be using????? the blue for low altitude even though temp out or red for temp even though altitudes out
i have tried both and bike runs good but cant really tell difference between the 2(prob down to carb bein that awkward to work on by the time stripped and rebuilt i ve pretty much forgotten how to ride my bike ha ha ha ha)
kenny:mad:

Here is a link that talks about different temp / needle settings.:thumbsup:

http://www.thumperta...405#post1793405

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.