pics of YZ tank/seat?

4 replies to this topic
  • Greg

Posted May 08, 2000 - 08:17 AM

I'm looking into getting a YZ tank and seat. Anyone have pics? Would a stock YZ tank be better on a track than the IMS unit?
thanks.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 08, 2000 - 09:26 PM

I am very happy w/ my IMS YZ seat and OEM YZ tank. The IMS seat is kind of hard though. Other than a picture, just take a look at the YZF.
I rode yesterday for a while. Prior to riding, I topped off my tank completely. I was a little surprised I only used a 1/4 of a tank. I WAS NOT screaming it the entire time. I was only screaming it all the way back to the van when I realized my plug was fouling out. I did not have a spare w/ me. I will be talking to Clark about my carb setup after I check out my carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted May 08, 2000 - 10:26 AM

Kevin- how could you tell that the plug was about to foul. How did the engine act?

------------------
Harold
2000 WR

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 08, 2000 - 12:28 PM

The bike was stumbling very badly and would not rev out at all. I took that as a sign my plug was going. Hence, me ripping apart the carb looking for dirt or any foreign material. I also need to pull the plug. The bike started and ran well when I got home, although it still wouldn't rev out.

• Dougie

Posted May 08, 2000 - 04:43 PM

Check out the pic on the main page. That is my bike with an IMS YZ tank and an YZ seat.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.