taking the WR on the track

3 replies to this topic
  • Greg

Posted May 08, 2000 - 08:07 AM

I just bought a '00 WR400 last week out here in Hawaii. The main riding area has miles of tight nasty knarly trails as well as a huge, fast motocross track. I plan riding both. Any special modifications needed for the WR before going out on pracice day? So far I have ordered a YZ number plate and rear fender, skid plate, frame guards, handguards and renthal bars. Thanks.

• Bryan

Posted May 08, 2000 - 09:15 PM

Greg.

None of us are going to talk to you since you get to live in Hawaii!

Just kidding.

Did you do the standard WR mods yet? Remove throttle stop? Air box top? Take baffle off the end? Re-jet? These are the biggest musts to get your bike running right. Here in Colorado and good skid plate and hand guards are way up on that list too. Probably true for trail riding there also.

HAWAII! DAMN! :)

Bryan... :D

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 05-08-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William

Posted May 08, 2000 - 03:24 PM

Were, in Hawaii, the Big Island?

------------------
2000 WR400F

• Dougie

Posted May 08, 2000 - 05:59 PM

In the winter here in CO, I took my WR (then WR timed) to the tracks all the time. It was the only places I could ride because the snows weren't melted in the higher country yet.

It performed just fine. The suspension held up great and this was before I got the Race Tech upgrade. Plenty of power. My only complaint was that it was way heavier than those kids on their two strokes.

I remember on only my second time at a track in my life, I was getting lapped by a punk on an 80. Talk about your reality slaps. But I still had a lot of fun at the tracks. I wasn't going to clear no 100 foot table tops or triples but I was getting some serious air for me anyway.

Now the weather has broken and I won't go back until winter.

By the way, YZ timing made a big difference at the track.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.