7 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted February 23, 2002 - 03:49 PM

hehe :)

I bet this post gets a few looks. :D

Anyways, I have some carbon fiber fork guards that I took off my WR400 today and I was going to toss them in favor of my yellow guards.
But just before I was getting ready to toss them, I thought "mabye someone on T-Talk could use them."

So whats the catch?

Well, the right one has worn through where the guide is. Thats all.
So the right one is pretty much shot but the left one is fine.

You pay shipping ($5) and they are yours. US only please. (lower 48)

• SealClubber

Posted February 23, 2002 - 04:18 PM

I will take it. Check your PM

• MOmilkman

Posted February 23, 2002 - 07:52 PM

Dan's the man! :)

• *mike68*

Posted February 25, 2002 - 03:42 PM

My right one did the same thing. Go figure

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted February 25, 2002 - 06:16 PM

I noticed it was rubbing when I installed them but I tried cutting the guide down and it still seemed to rub.

I know another guy and the same thing happened with him.

Honestly, I'm not all that impressed with carbon fiber. I couldnt imagine what I would do to a skid plate around here with all these rocks! :)

• bonez34

Posted February 26, 2002 - 09:16 PM

how much weight did they save? also, was it worth the cost?

$100 for a 1/4 lb.?

• MOmilkman

Posted February 27, 2002 - 03:41 AM

Originally posted by bonez34:
$100 for a 1/4 lb.?

Probably just about right on the head.

Although I bought mine from a guy that sold his 400 and then he sold them to me at 1/2 price.

I would never buy carbon fiber again. Be it retail, or half off.

• *mike68*

Posted February 27, 2002 - 03:21 PM

1/4 lb if that. In other words, it's more for coolness factor. The old ones are going back on my bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.