HELP! Need STOCK gas tank for '06 450F

4 replies to this topic
  • MX223

Posted July 13, 2007 - 07:40 AM

HELP! I bought an '06 YZ450F used, and the previous owner cranked the bolt holding the radiator shroud so tight, it spun the imbedded nut in the tank. So, I cut the plastic off and went to work on the bolt. Long story short...my tank suffered a drill bit impailment.

I know there are lots of guys with stock gas tanks collecting dust. Please respond to pk@energyalternative.com if you'd be willing to sell and ship your tank to me in MN ASAP. Email would be best, since I check that more often that TT.

YZ 250F tank is same part number...so either 250F or 450F stocker will work.

Thanks!!!
Phil
651-341-2244 cell

• jayh300

Posted July 13, 2007 - 07:52 AM

i do not have a tank.... but just did the exact same thing to the tank on my
1999 yz400f. It is amazing how easy it is to drill right thru the tank, huh ????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mn519

Posted July 13, 2007 - 08:32 AM

pm/email sent

• matts06yzf

Posted July 13, 2007 - 08:59 AM

HELP! I bought an '06 YZ450F used, and the previous owner cranked the bolt holding the radiator shroud so tight, it spun the imbedded nut in the tank. So, I cut the plastic off and went to work on the bolt. Long story short...my tank suffered a drill bit impailment.

I know there are lots of guys with stock gas tanks collecting dust. Please respond to pk@energyalternative.com if you'd be willing to sell and ship your tank to me in MN ASAP. Email would be best, since I check that more often that TT.

Thanks!!!
Phil
651-341-2244 cell

Plastic weld it. I did it on my cousins 01 yz250 had a big hole and has never had a problem cost me 2 bucks and 10 mins.

• MX223

Posted July 13, 2007 - 09:05 PM

The imbedded nut to hold the radiator shroud came loose. The previous owner cranked the bolt in so tight, it spun the nut. Now there is no way to get the bolt/nut combo out....they just spin. So even if I did repair the tank, I'd still have no way to mount the plastic.

I want to find a replacement tank...I know they are out there. Anyone want my money in exchange for a clearing off a place on their shelf??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.