YZ Timing - WHY not just by a 426?
Posted May 06, 2000 - 07:33 PM
'01 -Waiting for 520MX
Posted May 06, 2000 - 08:32 PM
Posted May 06, 2000 - 08:35 PM
The WR has a coolant reservoir, additional bolt taps on the frame for engine guards and probably a few other enduro ready items.
[This message has been edited by JamesD (edited 05-06-2000).]
Posted May 06, 2000 - 08:47 PM
- wide ratio transmission (YZ426 is tighter than YZ400's was)
- lighting coil and lights
- odometer (resetable too)
- O-ring chain(much more durable)
- side stand
- Spark arrestor (although heavy)
- 18 inch rear wheel (better for off-road)
- suspension valving for off road
- spring rates for off-road
- radiator overflow reservoir
- not everyone wants YZ timing, some feel low end is better with WR cam timing (open debate)
It all depends on what type of riding you are doing and which bike makes the best starting point.
Posted May 07, 2000 - 01:34 AM
Posted May 07, 2000 - 09:03 PM
If your only riding MX, it's a no brainer. But I ride trails. So, the WR is a no brainer based on the reasons described above. In fact, if you ride trails, I'd ask, why in the world would you buy the YZ?