Help with Electrosport kit

3 replies to this topic
  • wildchubby

Posted July 12, 2007 - 05:59 PM

Its too late in the day to call electrosport so I'm hoping a guru can help me out with a problem I want to solve so I can ride tomorrow.

I have an XR650R with the Dakar Electrosport DS kit. I have not ridden the bike for sometime and now I cannot get the headlight to work on "low", only high beam will work. I have replaced the bulb twice with (2) new bulbs. Also, the rear light works but the brake light does not. I have checked all connections and I don't see anything obvious.

Does anyone have any tips for to get this working?

• dick757

Posted July 13, 2007 - 02:08 AM

The bango bolt is prob gone south
Call Electrosport and they will send you the new updated one, the ones they had were not good---I replace 4 sets under waranty until they got the new ones
been runnin 5 weeks steady with out losing one now

Take the control switch off and clean in it with contact cleaner pushing the button in and out, check the wires, blow it out and spray WD40 on it and put it back on
Same thing happened to me once
Check the wire conectors just behind the tips
This kit does not have the best conectors
Good Luck
I have fixxed my kit more than 25 times and still going, they are taking it back to check it out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fantrider

Posted June 28, 2009 - 08:16 PM

My headlight crapped out this weekend after just 100 miles. Then throughout the weekend my horn didn't work, and the blinkers, and the brake light. Everything stopped working!! Not impressed yet with the DAKAR light kit that I spent hours pieceing together since the instructional color coding was WRONG!! I guess I'll clean the switch housing and see if it starts working again. I hope it does, or I'm going to start pieceing together a kit that is totally bullet proof. I don't like having a light for 500 miles, not cool

• Fantrider

Posted July 04, 2009 - 08:20 AM

I called Electrosport the other day and they helped me out a lot !! I had to order a new circuit board, rectifier/regulator and battery since mine fried on the last trip. It sounds like my battery wasn't taking a charge so all the power recirculated through the voltage regulator and melted the wires and all connection blocks. So.... REPLACE YOUR BATTERIES OFTEN !!!:worthy:

I'm sure it will all run and be fine when I get the parts put back in.

Thanks Electrosport :banana:

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.