YZF450 Graphics

6 replies to this topic
  • aaronw

Posted July 12, 2007 - 05:07 PM

Anyone have tips for removing the stock graphics and good method for applying the new ones?

• mummer12

Posted July 12, 2007 - 05:12 PM

I use a heat gun to remove graphics and peel them off, For new graphics I spray soapywater and throw graphic on top and squeegie out soapy water and air bubbles while using heat gun. Soapy water helps you move the graphic around till you get in in position. Thats my 2 cents

• rexbond007

Posted July 12, 2007 - 05:33 PM

for the cheap price after market plastics are, start fresh. decals stick better on new clean plastic

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tommyj

Posted July 12, 2007 - 08:28 PM

Yeah..it's so nice to put graphics on new clean plastics!

• Ranger18

Posted July 13, 2007 - 06:52 AM

If you don't have a heat gun, use a blow dryer. The Yamaha graphics are real easy to remove. Before installing new graphics get some rubbing alcohol and clean the plastics real well. After you are sure there is no oil, gas, mud, dirt, or old sticker left on your plastics; it's time to install.
1. Put on a pair of exam gloves so the oil from your hand doesn't get on the stickers.
2. spray the stickey side of the graphics with windex
3. Line up and apply the graphics.
4. With one hand holding the graphic in place, use the other hand to start working out the windex. I use an old credit card as a squegy. work your way from the center out. Take your time.
5. Keep working it untill everything looks good.
6. You can use the blow dryer again to try and speed up the drying, but don't get the graphics hot, otherwise they may expand.
7. If you do get a little air bubble that you can't work out, get a pin and pop it, then work the windex out of it.

Some people do this with the plastics off the bike, but I like to do it with everything on the bike, that way things don't move around on me.

Good Luck.

• Ganadore

Posted July 13, 2007 - 09:12 AM

I just removed all of my 07 stock graphics in less than 2 minutes using a pressure washer (did it about 2 weeks ago). Under high pressure, the graphic lifted right off without leaving any adhesive residue what so ever.

• blue9red9

Posted July 13, 2007 - 02:30 PM

To remove my stock graphics, I just pulled them off. I put the new ones on just like mummer12.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.