Clutch Replacement

2 replies to this topic
  • superjeffro

Posted July 12, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Was replacing my clutch yesterday. Put in all those parts, put clutch plate over, and tightened springs. they tightened all the way to the screw couldnt go anymore. i wasnt able to torq em. Just hand tightened. Pull clutch lever, very loose. What do i do now? I think the screws in the springs should have had more resitance and clutch lever should not be so much play when you pull it.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buzzgrizz

Posted July 12, 2007 - 02:07 PM

i dont think i can help you but i need to redo mine also and was wandering if you had to use a clutch boss to undo every thing the oners manual for my 426 says you need one

• GixRider

Posted July 13, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Start back tracking...

Are you sure you have the correct number of plates installed? Boss spring and plate installed?
Are the springs new? Have you compared them to the originals?

Go find the online microfiche or your manual to look at the parts to make sure you have everything.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.