Regular bars and scotts stabilizer

2 replies to this topic
  • jlm400

Posted May 04, 2000 - 03:40 AM

i have decided to go with the Scotts stabilizer but want to avaid the $600 kit with the triple clamp and pro taper bars if possiable. Can the Scotts stabilizer fit underneath the cross bar on regular bars. Any tips or tricks on this subject would help.

thanks guys.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted May 04, 2000 - 04:51 AM

I have my Scotts Stabalizer mounted under my cross bar. But, I have a Jimmy Button bend which is a little taller than normal bars.
I would call Scotts or e-mail them with your questions. http://www.scottsperformance.com/
Bryan...

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 04, 2000 - 05:23 AM

Jim, Before I purchased Pro-tapers I had Renthal bars (McGrath bend) and the Scotts unit fit on my bike no problem. If you do buy the dampner I would recommend you buy the newer "stem" that mounts around the head set intead of the one that mounts around the oil filler cap they wont come lose as much. Good luck, Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.